Saturday, November 2, 2013

Unexpected procedure and how to help

It has been a long rough week. I'm actually happy that I have nothing to do all weekend. I feel tired mentally, physically and emotionally. After I blogged last week that we had good news coming our way things turned around some. We woke up Wednesday morning to bile everywhere. All over Lynlee, her clothes, her bed, her pillows, etc. I changed the bandage and within an hour it was leaking again. I called Pittsburgh because obviously something was wrong. They wanted to get her in on Wednesday but wasn't able to make that happen so we went back up on Thursday. Lynlee had to be put under once again and they had to put a new drain in. I guess she had pulled it out a little in her sleep. We arrived home something after 5pm on Thursday but Lynlee didn't want to go trick or treating. She helped hand out candy and watched some TV before bedtime.

We will go back up on Wednesday for the next procedure and go from there. I am always in disbelief of the love and support that everyone shows on Facebook when Lynlee is going through something. We are so lucky to have such an amazing support system.

I know I don't ask for much, usually just prayers but today I'm going to ask for a little more. As most of you know a family in our community has been through a horrific tragedy. There was a house fire on Monday morning. 7 people were entrapped. 5 of them didn't make with 4 of them being children. The mother and her brother are still fighting for their life. I've seen our community come together in the past few days in a way I didn't know was possible. And I know if your like me you just want to help.

So with all the post going around I thought I would help you out on all the ways you can.

  • Nov 4th @ 7pm -there will be a candle light vigil at Elkins Train Station with a basket being passed around for donation.
  • Nov 9th @ 6pm- Cake walk in Mill Creek at George Ward School
  • Nov 16th From 11am-7pm- Spaghetti Dinner at the First Baptist Church
  • Nov 30th @ 2pm - 31 Bingo at Beverly Fire Hall
You can also  make donations to the Chamberlain Family Memorial Fund, care of Citizens Bank. Donations may be dropped off in person (211 Third Street, Elkins, WV) or mailed to Citizens Bank at P.O. Box 1519, Elkins, WV, 26241. Donations will be used for funeral costs first, and any remaining funds will be disbursed to the family.

I hope you can make it to any/all of these events. No amount is too little or too small to donate. I know there will be more events coming and I'll keep you updated of those. And of course keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment