Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chia Seeds? Yes! Please!!

A couple days ago I ran into a blog where the girl LOVED overnight oatmeal. I had never heard of it. 

The recipe consisted of this:
1/2 cup of Old Fashion Oatmeal
1/4 cup of Milk (skim, almond, vanilla soy) Whatever you preferred
6oz of Vanilla Greek Yogurt
a heaping spoonful of Coco
1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds.

Mix together all ingredients and leave 8-10 hours over night and enjoy..

My first problem was I had never heard of Chia Seeds. Have you? Well I looked them up there are full of Fiber and Omega 3's.. Soooo good for you! I found them at our GNC! 1 Tablespoon has 5 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of Omega 3's. You can add them to almost everything!! And they are awesome!! My new favorite thing for sure!!

My second problem was I didn't enjoy the oatmeal at all. In fact, it was awful! It has this bitter, very bitter taste. I think it was too much Greek Yogurt for me. I might try it again with less or no yogurt.  But here's what it looked like:




And this is what I ended up having for breakfast:



1/2 cup of oatmeal
3/4 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of Chia seeds
2 tablespoons of peanut butter!



And while we are are sharing here's what we had for dinner last night. Shrimp Stir fry! Very Healthy, Very EASY and very yummy!!





I seem to struggle for a filling, healthy lunch.. Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment