Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Two years.


I can't even believe it's been two years since Lynlee's transplant. Part of me feels like it's been so much longer but I can remember it just like it was yesterday.

I know I say this a lot but we are blessed. So beyond blessed. I wouldn't wish what we've been through on anyone or especially any child but it makes days like today and holidays so much more special. We never take any day for granted. We are thankful for each milestone or each new word Lynlee says. Each day is something new and exciting for us.

This morning I was sitting in the living room alone. I was thinking about the past two years and how far Lynlee has came. Tears were dripping off my face when she walks in at 7am with her sunglasses on and her head band. These are the moments I love most. That she makes me laugh. Every single day she makes us laugh. She has this personality I can't even begin to describe but she brings joy to everyone around her. Even strangers stop and say hi.

We will be spending the next two days with our families. I honestly can say that I don't think Ryan and I would have made it through the past 4 years without them. They have helped us in more way than I can count. I'm thankful that we know the true meaning of Christmas and we can be around everyone we love.

And I can't end this post without mentioning her donor family. I think of them every day but my heart hurts more today for them. I hope they know that their loved one gave Lynlee a future. A future of hope. I hope that it eases their pain just a little to know that its a gift that money can't buy and I'll never be able to thank them enough.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas! And while your around your family talk about being an organ donor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment