Monday, May 9, 2011

Bitter Sweet

As most of you know we are in Pittsburgh this week for Lynlee's liver evaluation. We came up this afternoon because our schedule starts at 8am in the morning. When I talked to the lady last week she wasn't sure exactly where we would be staying, but we were hoping it was the Ronald McDonald House. I was so relieved when they called me this morning to let me know they did get us in at RMH! The room is connected to the Childrens Hospital so all we have to do is go down the elevator and we are connected. It's a really a one bedroom apartment. I hated the thought of having to drive anywhere and share a kitchen/bathroom etc like we might if they could only get us in the family housing.

When we pulled into the parking lot today it was pretty much bitter sweet! I was hoping this would be a place we might never see again. Wishful thinking I know! But in a weird way I find comfort here besides the fact it's most convenient for us. When we walked into the door it wasn't that exciting feeling (maybe I'm the only ones that gets excited to check out a new place?) but it was just like we left it. Yes, we are in a different room, and a different floor from when we were here 16 months ago, but it was just like yesterday. The elevator has the same smell it had when we left, and the helicopters are still flying over which always makes me cringe!

There were so many tears shed in this building, so many prayers said, and so much hope was found here. It was really only a place to sleep and shower. I cant really think of any real moments we just relaxed here. We usually left very early of a morning and usually only came back late at night. But this trip is different!! Of course it's mostly because Lynlee is here with us and not in the hospital, butIt's been a trip of laughter and happiness! Lynlee loves it here. She has so many new places to explore and everything is empty so she can open and close the cabinets 1000 times if she wants.

I'm not saying that tears won't be shed or prayers won't be said because I will probably do a little or a lot of both! However, it's nice to have better memories of a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment