Monday, December 26, 2011

We're moving on up... To 7B

Hello from 7B the transplant floor. It's 9:30pm and Ryan and Lynlee are both sleeping (do you see a trend here? haha)


We've had another blessed day. Lynlee was moved to the floor this evening and I can't tell you how much better it is to be here. She's in a bigger bed which she seems to be so much more comfortable in and the environment is just better here. She kept asking to watch Barney on her monitor in PICU. HAHA So we weren't even down here 5 minutes and Barney was playing through the xbox. That's right there is an xbox in our room!

Labs are still looking good. Her prograf level (which is her rejection drug) has been a little high today so she's been a little shaky and nauseated but nothing we can't handle. The doctors said it would take about a week or so to get her level really straightened out.  They did stop her pedalyte until the nausea goes away. They might have went a little fast on the feeds.  And her swelling is starting to come down. Even from this morning I see a difference.

But I'm loving the chubby cheeks. I'm thinking we might keep them.

Everything is happening so fast. I honestly can't believe that 72 hours ago she was in surgery for the transplant and tonight we are hanging out watching Barney. I was expecting to be on a ventilator waiting for her to be sewn up now. The doctors keep saying how great everything is going and saying other things. I can't even type what they say because I'm so afraid of jinxing us. I literally typed it and back spaced. I shush them every time they say something. I'm usually not a pessimist, but I know our luck. I'm just afraid that if something is too good to be true it probably is. I'm hoping I'm wrong. That we've lived our share of hell in the past and it might have tested us but we are a strong family and our faith is still there.

Ryan and I are so good now. We have a sense of relief about us, and not just us the whole family. We are so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends. We've had family with us here from day one and the support we have from you guys keeps us going. I don't know that we will ever be able to thank everyone for the love and support we've got. But we do appreciate it. We appreciate the calls, the texts, the facebook comments, and last but not least the prayers. God does amazing things. He answers prayers. If you don't believe that call me, text me,or facebook me we need to chat..

I sent this picture to my sister-in-law because she was making fun all my 31 product, but I thought I'd share it with you guys simply because it makes me smile. This was me on my way to do laundry today. See I accomplished something. A shower and 2 loads of laundry.. Whew, what a day :)


Also so many people are asking us for our address. Here's the address for the Ronald McDonald house:

The Plaza Building
Room 1106/Arbogast
451 44th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201



Until tomorrow! Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment