Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Daddy's little helper

We've literally been non stop all day. Today was our first day getting labs at our local hospital. I was up before the alarm was supposed to go off at 6:45am. I guess I had a bunch of nervous energy. We've had access in for almost 2 years so the thought of them having to get a vein makes me scared. However, I had nothing to worry about. They got her in the arm first try.

Ryan has been working at home a lot these days since business is slow and we have so much to get done. He has also gained a helper!



That picture puts a smile on my face. No way around it!!

You've heard me say our house is a mess.. Well it really is. I can't find the matching pair of either of these shoes.. And those of you that really know me, knows this drives me nuts! I'm such a "matcher"



Today is Valentines Day. I've never been huge on the holiday. I really think it's overrated and expensive. I don't think that I need Ryan to buy me a card, flowers, candy, etc just to show me he loves me. If he doesn't show me every other day of the year then we have problems. I usually let him buy me a card and that's it. However, this year I vetoed that. I enjoy alone time with him and will take it anytime I can get it, but it probably won't be tonight and that's okay.

I was feeling a little festival for lunch so our pizza turned out like this:



And I'm making a nice dinner tonight, and staying at home with the two people that make my life complete.

It's also National Donor's Day. Are you a donor?? Ryan and I are! Of course, how awful would that be if we weren't after needing someone to give us their liver. Have I mentioned that we have thank you letters to mail back to the donors family? They gave them to us a few days after transplant. I haven't wrote ours yet. I've thought about it a few times but I can't seem to find the words. And honestly how do you thank someone for the gift of life? For a normal life with no brain damage? I just don't know how the words thank you are enough. And I don't want to write it too soon. It's only been 7 weeks.

But Happy Valentines Day to you. And consider being a donor if your not. If Lynlee was your child you would want someone to do what they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment