Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter, Birthday and more...

Things are good here! Really good! The weekend and past couple days have been beyond busy and I might be just about the worst person ever since after 3 Easter dinners we took 1 picture.. Yep just one.. I love taking pictures but I hate to feel like I need too and we are usually so busy visiting and moving on to the next dinner holidays fly by..

(Lynlee in Aunt Kara's chair)

Saturday night Lynlee sat her basket out to see if the Easter Bunny would fill it.. I think he lived us to his expectations. As soon as she got up on Sunday we ran in to see if he did.. She was soooo excited. I wish I would have video taped it. The golf set was a huge hit not to mention the Reese cups. HAHA..



Speaking of Reese Cups she is out of control with the eating and Easter candy. I'm loving every minute of it. We've been introducing every food possible and she seems to like everything except for Mac & Cheese? Really? She will eat Beets, Peas, anything else except that. She might be unAmerican. haha.

I made Lynlee an appointment at the Pediatrician yesterday to make sure we were right on track with everything. She has lost 6 pounds from when we were there last October. I know that sounds like a lot and it is for a 2 1/2 year old but she was very overweight. In October she wasn't able to crawl on couches, on her bed or on the island in the kitchen. She's quite the climber these days :)

(and stacker!!!)

(and she loves her daddy shoes)


We had labs Monday. Everything looks great and her EBV is trending back down. God is Good!

Yesterday was my birthday.. I made Ryan promise not to get me anything. I really don't need anything and we are trying to really save some money right now. So I have to tell you I was beyond surprised when I woke up to the sweetest letter I've ever read.. Followed by a card and dinner out.. It was the best birthday ever. Not because of some crazy expensive gift but because I spent it with the two people I love the most in this world. And people are right when they say money can't buy everything. Watching Lynlee eat food we ordered off the Kids Menu made my day.


In the craziness of Easter and Birthdays Lynlee had speech therapy this week and I made the decision to find a new therapist. I really believe Lynlee has needs the new therapist isn't well versed in. So as I was looking at our other options I came to realize we don't have a lot of other options. So starting tomorrow we are taking Lynlee to the hospital for Speech. We've had this option since we started the program but I've fought it. I didn't want her around the germs, in a hospital more than we should be, etc etc etc.. But you do what you have to do. And the only opening is Thursdays at 9am. Ryan laughed because it's hard for me and Lynlee to be up by 9am let alone out of the house and ready. We are not morning people for sure. I am excited to see what progress they can make.. I'll keep ya posted..


I think that's it. That should be us to date.. And before I forget April is Donor's Awareness Month.. Are you an Organ Donor?? Of course Ryan and I are. 

You can become an organ donor by here

And can you really look at this picture and say that you wouldn't have wanted to be her donor if something would have happened..




Don't Take your Organs to Heaven... Heaven knows we need them here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment