Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New challenges

Oh it's been a day. I almost blogged at 4pm but it's probably good that I didn't. I would have had a bad attitude toward this whole thing. It would have been a mean, emotional post. I'm glad both kids kept me busy and I only posted stuff on facebook instead of blogging ;)

The nutritionist called today and told me things I wasn't prepared to hear. Lynlee's RAST test was high in 5 areas. Wheat, soy, peanuts, milk, and eggs.. They want to cut all of that out and then gradually add them back in.

Well wait a minute, let me back up. When we were in Pitt Lynlee's Eosinophil level came back high. Eosinophil is a white blood cell. (There are actually 5 types of white blood cells) When the Eosinophil is high it indicated allergies, skin disease, or parasite infection. This is very typical in immunosuppressed kids.

I'm not going to lie. I still think this stinks. It's so hard for me to take from her and tell her no when this time I wasnt' sure she would ever eat. I just feel life is so unfair and after everything she's been through she should be able to eat whatever she damn well pleases whenever she wants. Yes food will always be my weakness with her.

But I have to get over that. It's not the end of the world and we will probably be able to introduce them all (well maybe not peanuts?)  back in and be okay. It's just another bump in the road that I wasn't ready for.

And don't get me wrong I know how blessed we are in life. But sometimes are just harder and today is one of them.

I guess it just makes life interesting for a while. And I guess this could be a new way of living that we all love. It's definitely healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment