Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Catch up.

I thought while Ryan was outside working and Lynlee was playing quietly in her room I'd ramble catch up on the week. The past week has definitely been interesting.

As you know other than the Wordless Wednesday post my last real post was about doing the presentation. Well I've accepted. After every ones words of encouragement and belief in me how could I turn it down. I would regret not doing it. And this might just be another reason we have lived a crazy 2 1/2 years. And I know if I can just help one person, or educated one person about Urea Cycle or one person becomes an organ donor after hearing Lynlee's story than it was worth it. 

Speaking of organ donation, in the past two weeks I've had two different people tell me they became an organ donor because of Lynlee.

In the past week, I've had people reach out to me wanting to help with the presentation. People I would have never thought of. I can't begin to thank each of you for your kind words. And I might be taking some of you up on that offer ;)

In the past week, I've been reminded that actions speak louder than words. People never cease to amaze me in good ways and in bad.

Yesterday I learned that bathing a dog and washing a deck means more entertainment than we've seen for a while. Long story short. Lynlee fell in the mud, ate mud, all while I  wore a white shirt. I will need to rethink clothing colors next time.

It seems like fitness blogs are so in. I've actually thought about it. Well for like 2 seconds. I admire the people that do them. That post pictures of themselves every week/month whatever and put what they weigh. That has to hold you accountable and keep you on track. But the truth of the matter is that I would rather give a speech in front of 30 people before I put a picture on here of just me in shorts and sports bra. Let alone keep track of my weight every week.. For those of you that do it. Don't stop. You motivate so many. Including me.. and maybe one day I'll have that kind of strength and confidence too. In fact maybe that should be a goal for me?

On that note maybe Lynlee and I will take a walk in between rain storms.

1 comment:

  1. So excited to follow along on your presentation journey!
    I will continue to stand flabby and non-buff in my shorts and sports bra if it motivates you lmao it sure does motivate me at times xoxox

    ReplyDelete