Thursday, October 18, 2012

Something more



I've always known Lynlee was special. God obviously has big plans for her because if he didn't I'm not sure we would be here now. She's always had this personality that draws people to her. For someone that doesn't talk a whole lot she sure has a way of captioning every ones attention. We can go anywhere and people notice her. Not a trip to the grocery store goes by where people don't just stop to talk to her.

It's the strangest thing to me, I guess because she doesn't get this from me at all. Ryan's pretty social, me not so much.. But part of me thinks it's something more than just being social. It's just something more.. Something that bigger.. Something that's part of his plan..  And I'm just happy to be along for the ride and to be able to watch.

Does all of this lead to something? Well yea kinda. I've been thinking about this blog for a while but I was afraid I didn't have the right words to show you what I mean.. To explain how it works.. And I don't. But I know that if any of you reading this has been around us for 5 minutes then you get it. Lynlee probably has that affect on you, no explanation needed.

We are gearing up for the big birthday weekend. Lynlee has got a few presents already. Her Nana came down and took her shopping last weekend, and Pap and Meme stopped by yesterday and gave her presents.. Earlier in the week I got an message telling me to stop by the lab at our hospital that one of our favorite lab techs had got Lynlee something. So after school today we had a few free minutes to stop before I had to be home for my webinar (another blog) so we headed over. Claire had got Lynlee a present. And as we were walking out today it hit me. Another person we've met along this crazy journey that Lynlee has an effect on.


Her present from Claire!


The past three years have been hard, parts have been devastating, but the life lessons we've learned and the people we've met along the way have been amazing. From our UCD (Urea Cycle Disorder Families) to the transplant moms/kids to the nurses, lab techs, doctors and everyone else makes this ride worthwhile..

Thank you for being apart of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment