Friday, October 12, 2012

The only thing that stays the same is everything changes.




Things are changing around here once again and I'm not just talking about the new blog design. This is what I actually do during the vice president debate. Other than laugh hysterically at the fact that I don't even have to watch it I can totally facebook and see what happens. But you guys know I'm not a big blogger of politics.. I will only say that Paul Ryan gets on my nerves to no end.. And should be able to buy a suit that fits or pay for a damn tailor!!

Okay moving on...... Today we had Lynlee's IEP meeting with the school. I can't believe she's turning 3 in eight days (but whose counting right) and that I actually went to an IEP meeting at the school system. For now we won't be using the system but we have a plan in place just in case. Ryan and I have decided with her going to her preschool 3 days a week and her speech therapy sessions that we are satisfied with that for now. Our goal realistically is to keep our schedule like this until at least next August and then decide on preschool at the schools, etc...  But that will depend on balancing all of her stuff, Ryan's job and my job...

Yes you read that right.. MY JOB. I had an interview this morning and by the time she left I had done my paper work and accepted. I am EXCITED, REALLY EXCITED!!! I have accepted to be a Service Coordinator for Professional Service Coordination working with Birth to three. It's really an ideal job for me/us right now. You can make your own hours (per say) work around sickness/doctors appts etc, and help other families... Lynlee's been in the program since she was 3 months old and will be out of it in 8 days. The therapist and service coordinators are like family to us. They've been through it all and I'm beyond thankful for all of them.

On days like today I find it so hard to believe that it's been almost 3 years since Lynlee was born. I won't get all sappy on you yet.. You have 8 days to prepare for that.. But honestly there were days couldn't talk about Lynlee turning 3. I never knew when or if I would go back to work. I never knew if I would trust someone to care for Lynlee and god forbid I ever send her to a "school" I thought I would keep her in this house until she was 45 (or ran away!) All jokes aside we have came such a long way. I'm so proud of her. Proud of myself too.  But I'm not sure she can still ever move out. Just saying.

4 comments:

  1. Just checked all the boxes above (inspiring, funny, interesting, and cool)!! So happy for you! :)

    -Sairah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boxes to check? AWESOME! Congrats on the new job, I am so proud of you, you are going to shine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy.. I found the boxes last night. I definetly need to reword cool.. maybe awesome?? haha... And thanks for the compliment. I'm soo excited to do something we've been apart of for so long!

      Delete