Monday, December 24, 2012

One Year..

One year... Has it really been one year since Lynlee got her life saving transplant? Has it really been one year since I've worried about brain damage or ammonia levels? Has it really been one year since we sat around Lynlee and prayed harder than I've ever prayed for God to take care of here during surgery and then we kissed her goodbye and sent her into something there was no turning back from. Those moments I'll never forget. I'll never forget her being so drugged up that she laughed when I kissed her and told her I'd see her soon.. Or that I barely had enough strenght to walk into the waiting room where we would spend the night praying.. When we got into that waiting I sat down on the couch with Ryan and held him as tight as I could and sobbed. I knew we had done the right thing but it wasn't easy. I was so scared.

But the answer is yes it has been one year. A crazy, rewarding, and such a thankful year. She's eating, drinking, and thrieving.. She's so smart and learns something new every day. She is funny. She makes us laugh. She is stubborn, and bossy, and demanding (her father's traits obviously! Ha!) And Oh I love her more than I thought I could possibly love anyone..

I'm so proud of her. I'm so thankful God put her in our lives and gave her the strength to do all he needed her to do. I pray that she doesn't take one day for granted because we don't. We know how your world can be turned upside down in just a few minutes and life isn't always fair. I want her to proud of who she is and that her scars make her unique.

As thankful as I am for this one year anniversary to be here, I have a heavy heart at the same time. I know even though we are celebrating Lynlee's life that someone is mourning the loss of a loved one. I haven't heard back from the donors family yet. But I know he was someones son. Possibly someones brother, husband, or even dad. My sympathys go out to the them. I am thankful they gave my daughter a future in their hardest times, and my words will never express what that means to me or how gratedful I am.

I couldn't decide what pictures meant the most of the past year so here is a few of my favorite. God Bless each of you that has been along for this ride. I hope each of you have a Very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment