Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My little fighter

There's never been any doubt that Lynlee has been a fighter. From the moment she was born she has to fight to survive. She has been through more in the past 4 1/2 years than most of us will have to endure in a lifetime.

I'm not going to lie. I forget this. In the day to day routine she is still our "normal" 4 year old girl. I don't think of everything she has been through every single day because when life is good it's good. When we pick her up at day care and the only worry of the day was how many times was she in time out (for fighting) is our biggest problem life should be good right.

I laugh silently while typing this. How ironic is it that she gets in trouble for fighting.  I mean that's all she has ever done. And while we don't condone this at all. We punish her, explain its not right we don't hit, etc etc etc there are times I'm proud of her for fighting.

For instance: in just the past 12 months.. One year.. August 1st 2013 to August 1 2014 this is what my fighter has went through.

Lab work - 21 times (as an outpatient)
2 dental procedure that needed anesthesia
1 hospital stay that lasted 5 nights- that included multiple blood work, a liver biopsy, and a bile duct procedure
4 trips to Pittsburgh for bile duct procedures as an outpatient. Each time she was in day surgery.

So when I look back at just the past year and I've never been so proud to have a fighter..

So Keep Fighting Lynlee... Except be nice about it and don't hit ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to keep you and Lynlee in my thoughts. I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you would be willing to answer my quick question I have about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, how is Lynlee doing now, my son ADAM is also sick, he is two months old, I hope to communicate with you
    RAGHOODEH995@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete