Saturday, May 1, 2010

Days, Weeks, Months......













Well the next 5 1/2 weeks were pretty much the same. Days, ran into weeks, which ran into a month. We were there everyday from 7-8am until 10-11pm (sometimes later) each night. Most nights Ryan would have to make me leave just to get a few hours of sleep. We took every thing one day at a time. Some days were so hard! Some days I cried from the moment we got up until the moment I finally got to sleep. Thank the Lord for Ryan! I honestly don't know how I would have survived without him. He was my strength. He literally took care of me for 7 weeks. He made sure I ate everyday, made sure I slept, and most importantly he never let me give up or lose faith! (Thanks honey, I love you!)
I kept a journal for Lynlee of everything. From "the plan" that we got everyday in rounds to every single ammonia level ever taken. I can proudly say in 7 weeks we only missed rounds once and that was because they started super early one day! We had to get weaned off the oxygen, weaned off the morphine, and weaned off the Fenebar.
On Nov. 13th Lynlee's central line got E-Coli in it. So that was 14 more days of antibiotic. So we worked on feeding. Oh how I prayed Lynlee one day would take all her bottle. She would have good days and have bad ones. However, even her good days she never took a full bottle. So on Dec 2nd Lynlee was off antibiotics and the only thing that was keeping us was her not eating so we made the decision to get her G-Tube put in. I prayed, prayed, and prayed that I was making the right decision and to look back I know I had. I didn't really have a choice then, and even 6 months later we still don't have a choice. It's my daughters life line, her only chance of survival!

No comments:

Post a Comment