Wednesday, January 18, 2012

As most of you know, we were finally discharged from the hospital to the Ronald McDonald house this afternoon. YAY! It's after 10:30pm right now and I just got Lynlee to sleep. I'm not sure if she was so excited or just trying to get adjusted to a new place but she is going to be one cranky little girl at 7:30am in the morning. We have to get up and moving because we have clinic in the morning. Then we will have clinic every Monday and Thursday until we get the okay to go home.

There isn't a lot to update on. We had our TPN training this evening and got Lynlee hooked up. It wasn't bad, just a lot of watching her. You literally can't take your eye off her for a one second on she could pull her PICC line out while she's hooked up. It also made me realize that I can't be here alone while she' hooked up 16 hours a day.

Anyone that knows me, knows that's hard for me to say. I like to do it all, my way, all the time. And for me to say that I can't be alone here and care for my daughter is an adjustment. I know it's temporary, very temporary. Hopefully by next week they will be cutting her down to 12 hours to 8 hours, back on feeds. Her antibiotics should be stopped by IV next week too. So when we make it to next Thursday we will be good.

We did go up to the penthouse of the Ronald McDonald for dinner this evening. So many nights a week they have volunteers come out and make dinner for everyone. The word good doesn't describe it. We were so glad we went up and got out of the room for a bit. I still get nervous taking Lynlee around other kids. I don't want her catching anything right now. The doctors told us to not put her in a bubble, but that's so easy for them to say.

Well this momma is going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Soooo happy for you guys! Congratulations on finally getting discharged. I hope you enjoy some of the new freedoms you get, even while still having to spend much of you time back and forth to appointments and such. I wish I was still in Pittsburgh working in the NICU so you could come visit or I could come babysit Lynlee during my lunch breaks so you could get a break!

    ReplyDelete