Thursday, January 19, 2012

If I'm going to continue blogging everyday then we are going to have to do something more exciting during the day! HAHA

I'm not sure how I managed to get less sleep last night than in the hospital but I did. I think I was expecting her TPN pump to beep and I actually had to set my alarm, etc. So I'm looking forward to bed time tonight.

We were up bring in early for clinic. Our appt was at 8:30am and we were back in the room by 9:30. Nothing really was said. They took labs, will keep her on TPN until next week and start weaning her off. The took the rest of her staples out and away we went. The coordinator called around 5pm. Everything looked great. No changes.

We spent the rest of the day napping (well just Lynlee) doing laundry, watching Barney, and playing cards. Not a whole lot to type about.

Lynlee did sit at the table and eat 3 meals today.. Probably about 5 bites out of each meal, but it's process. I'm wondering if this will continue once the TPN is gone and the milk is back? I hope.

Speaking of the TPN it was mine and Ryan's first night of doing it by ourselves. Last night we had a nurse walking us through it. Plus we had to change the cap thing on Lynlees Picc line. Don't you love my terms? cap thing! HAHA. Everything has to be very sterile. I'm so afraid of infection again. The whole ordeal literally took us 30 minutes. I'm guessing we will get better and faster at it, but geez it's stressful.  I think I take a minute of scrubbing the port thing (another technical word) before connecting.

No news is good new from us. So if I don't blog tomorrow its because the only thing we've done is played, watched Barney and maybe cards! HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment