Thursday, August 1, 2013

Why I blog

From the day to day hustle of  things I often forget the reason I started this blog and why I'm still blogging. There are times I go days and weeks from it because I either get side tracked or I feel like nothing is going on that you would want to hear it about. I'm sure neither of those are true. I could probably blog daily about something cute and funny that Lynlee does and I want to start doing that more so I have good stuff on here too not just the medical.

I know I started this blog to remember things. Lynlee has an amazing story and I don't want to forget one minute of it.. And I want to share her story. I want to give someone the hope and faith we found through the years.  Just like the hope I found when I read Mindy's blog for the very first time. The first child I had ever seen with Citrullinemia.

So if you are reading this and have a very special child I want you to know this:
  • When the doctors tell you that your child might never see their first birthday or if they do they might never walk, talk or learn simple task they can be wrong!
  • There is so much more to life than the scary what ifs and life will get easier.
  • You will appreciate the small milestones much more than a parent has never been through what you have.
  • You will never take life or anything for granted!
  • Your bad days will be bad, but the good days will make up for it.
  • You can and will have to make hard decisions for your child, but you always know what's best for them.
  • Don't lose faith! Don't give up because they have probably fought to be here and we owe it to our babies!

I read once where it said "You never know how strong you are until you have to be." That is the most true statement I have ever read. I would do anything for the child. She is my whole world!

2 comments:

  1. Right on! Keep blogging, you won't regret it! (I'd read for sure, if you blogged daily!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your blog because it keeps me connected to that little lynlee I once helped take care of back in the NICU. And this helps me see that what we do/what I did wasn't all in vain. But that there are some good endings to NICU stories and that Lynlee is living one of them. And that right now I'm finishing up school so I can go back and help more kiddos like her. :-)

    ReplyDelete