I know I started this blog to remember things. Lynlee has an amazing story and I don't want to forget one minute of it.. And I want to share her story. I want to give someone the hope and faith we found through the years. Just like the hope I found when I read Mindy's blog for the very first time. The first child I had ever seen with Citrullinemia.
So if you are reading this and have a very special child I want you to know this:
- When the doctors tell you that your child might never see their first birthday or if they do they might never walk, talk or learn simple task they can be wrong!
- There is so much more to life than the scary what ifs and life will get easier.
- You will appreciate the small milestones much more than a parent has never been through what you have.
- You will never take life or anything for granted!
- Your bad days will be bad, but the good days will make up for it.
- You can and will have to make hard decisions for your child, but you always know what's best for them.
- Don't lose faith! Don't give up because they have probably fought to be here and we owe it to our babies!
I read once where it said "You never know how strong you are until you have to be." That is the most true statement I have ever read. I would do anything for the child. She is my whole world!