Monday, September 30, 2013

Color Vibe 2013

It's 7:30am and we should be on our way for blood work but Lynlee is sleeping and I don't have the heart to wake her. We had a busy weekend for sure and I think she needs the rest.

As I've posted before Ryan and I have been training to do a 5k. That's 3.1 miles. I honestly never thought we would do it. And I probably would have quit by now if he wasn't doing it with me. I'm not sure why we picked the Color Vibe as our first race. But we did. It was also in Charleston so we talked Ryan's brother Kevin and Janna into doing it with us.

It was fun. It was messy. It was so crowded. I never dreamed that many people would be there. But at the end of the day I marked running a 5k off my bucket list. The race wasn't timed at all but we ran it in 35mins. Not bad considering every color station we got to we had to walk through and sometimes we just couldn't get around the walkers.

Our Before photo

This was actually before the race started. No one can be trusted with their color packets.

After

Love, Love, Love this picture!
 
It meant the world to me that Ryan and I started side by side and finished the same way. He is definitely the better runner out of us but the fact that we did it together made it that much more special.
 
I'm already itching to find another race so that we have to keep up our schedule. We've worked so hard to be able to run and I don't want to lose it.
 
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment