Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day

I can't believe today was Lynlee's first day of school.
Things have really changed since last year. She's grown up so much and not just in physical features either.
I told myself I wasn't going to cry but as I walked down the steps and got into the car I felt myself tear up. Last year I was crying because I was so worried, nervous, and scared for her. Today I was happy, proud, and relieved. 3 1/2 years ago I wasn't sure she would even be here today let alone walking up the stairs with me, giving me a huge hug and a kiss and walking into a class room with other kids. I didn't know if she would ever walk or talk let alone get this far.
 I see her every day finding more independence, and more "normalcy" and at the end of the day that's what I want for her. To never be limited to anything, to be herself and to shine above all else.
I was definitely one proud momma today.




No comments:

Post a Comment